- Get ready for an interview with Dr. Jack Fujimoto, the first Japanese American college president in the mainland United States.
- Unlike their counterparts in America, Japanese politicians are wary of harnessing the full power of the internet.
- Find out why asking, “What’s your blood type?” has become the equivalent of asking, “What’s your sign?” in Japan.
- A Japanese man and his touching reunion with his nanny – 60 years later.
- Learning to speak Japanese is a top priority in India.
- Meet Japan’s only full-time Barack Obama impersonator, Nozomu Sato. A man who suddenly finds himself in high demand.
- American and Japanese researchers crack the code of the deadly 1918 flu pandemic.
And just a friendly reminder from us at the Herald to have a happy and, most importantly, a safe New Year’s! See you all again in 2009!