Happy Holidays to everyone out there in cyberland. Hope it was a relaxing and a safe one – as always, we present to you interesting news from around the globe . . .
- A lengthy article on new Seattle Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu in the New York Times about his efforts to be a role model for fellow Japanese Americans.
- The art of ikebana is about patience . . . and silence.
- The Japanese fishing industry gets a lift from . . . technology?
- Japan loves American hamburgers – with a twist.
- Tracing the rise of the Japanese pickup truck in America.